Author Topic: Drivestation / backup utility losing backup link, not backing up.  (Read 1352 times)

rhodesy

• Calf

I have been running a 2TB USB3 Drivestation as a backup drive successfully for about 4 months now. However over the last couple of weeks my PC has crashed a few times (unsure if this is buffalo related or not) but when I reboot my PC the buffalo backup software seems to reset and disable any backups and doesnt recognise that I already have a backup. The only option is to set up a new backup schedule and do a 'first' backup which takes several hours and then I need to delete the old backup folder which also takes several hours! Is there a way to simply point the backup software to the original backup data instead of backing up my whole PC again?

Thanks

wintercow20

• Calf
Re: Drivestation / backup utility losing backup link, not backing up.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

I am having the same problem

Nelike

• Calf
Re: Drivestation / backup utility losing backup link, not backing up.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:33:14 AM »

I have the exact same problem. I had to stop the backup because it was backing up useless files and folders and wanted to execute the backup manually when i have made minor changes in my files. Now i can't backup anymore and i can't delete everything from the drivestations because there are some files what i had to erase from the computer. And the files inside are important because of my work. Is there any way to make the program recognize what it has done before and just continue there? Really really frustrating. 

Thanks