Author Topic: BitTorrent VERY slow...  (Read 2844 times)

altzone

• Calf
BitTorrent VERY slow...
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:39:49 AM »

Hi

I have a LinkStation Pro Duo and am trying to use the built in Bittorrent client.

It seems to work fine, but is incredibly SLOW at downloading compared to my PC.

If I download the exact same torront on my Link Station and on my PC connected to the same router using the uTorrent client, my PC downloads lierally hundreds of times quicker. i.e. 500K/bit vs 5Kbit/sec on the Link Station. And it only peaks at 50Kbit/s or so regardless of the torrent and number of seeders etc. 

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

Dave.

m1

• Calf
Re: BitTorrent VERY slow...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »

Hi Dave,

Did you find a solution to the problem? I have the same one but with a Linkstation Live 2TB. Higher download speed than you, but still only one tenth of the download speed the computers on the network get from torrents. FTP transfers to and from the Linkstation within the LAN works great though, with top speed.

I've been trying to sort it out for hours now. Loads of people in this forum seem to have the same problem too, yet noone seems to get a decent answer from the admins?

I'll probably just return it... Too bad since everything else on the NAS seem to work great.

Regards,

J

phcaptjim

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »

Hi I have the LS-V3.0TL drive (just hoooked up yesterday) and I finally got the email notifications and was able to add bittorrents to the web gui.  LIke everyone else though, the downloads are so slow, they will probably finish next year sometime.  This is really the last hurdle I have to clear for this drive.  If I can get this corrected, I will keep this drive and be happy, but if I cannot get this fixed I will probably return the drive.

I'm running firmware version 1.62 and thus far I have not port forwarded anything on the router.

I am using UpNP on a random port.

Does it make sense to pick a port and forward that on the router?  I have not done this on my PC and can download around 1-2mb per second as opposed to .002kbs.

Ideas?

knightrec

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »

While I no longer torrent at all...YES for me Router port forwarding worked and increased speed.
In my case Start Torrent from PC and save on Buffalo. What this really does is sends the request, the torrent starts but comes through your PC then to the Buffalo. I took out the middleman at the router. Responses from ports XXXX Go directly to the IP of the Buffalo via the router and my switch