Author Topic: Forced to pay processing fee for "free" novastor backup upgrade  (Read 2182 times)

vkingdonkon

• Calf

I purchased a linkstation pro which came with novastor backup 11.1.  I went to http://www.novastor.com/en/buffalo as instructed by novastor.  On this site you will see the following:
"Free upgrade for DriveStation Users ($7.95 processing fee)
Free upgrade for LinkStation Users - includes 5 Licenses ($19.95 processing fee)
Free upgrade for TeraStation Users - includes 10 Licenses ($29.95 processing fee)"

I argued with novastor about this for a while because I don't understand why I am paying them for processing when they aren't processing anything and got no where. So I went a head and filled out all the information.  For some reason they needed my address even though the delivery option was electronic.  I payed the $20 and was immediately sent a download link and a key for 5 copies of novastor v13.  Nothing was processed other than my payment.  Why are we forced to pay a processing fee?

What has everyone else's experience been with getting their promised novastor upgrade?  Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.... It seems like a scam to me.

vkingdonkon

• Calf
Re: Forced to pay processing fee for "free" novastor backup upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

I forgot to mention I already had the v13 installer. When I attempted to install it and use the key I had I got a message saying, "Failed to activate license online: The license key is disable." So basically I payed the $20 processing fee so they could send me a key that isn't disabled by default.....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »

If you had of contacted Buffalo directly they would of provided it for free.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vkingdonkon

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »

Good to know.  I submitted a ticket on the 30th after calling and being told I would have to start a ticket with customer support.  I still have yet to hear back...

Dave_S

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »

Hi Davo

I have just purchased a Terrastation 5400 which came with NovaStor 12. I too have seen the offer of a "Free" upgrade for Buffalo Customers to Version 13 on the Novator website - along with the $30 "processsing fee".

Further to your post earlier, do you know if Buffalo would provide a free upgrade for Novastor? - I am in the UK if that makes a difference?

regards

Dave

Dave_S

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »

OK, I tried the Buffalo route - I called Buffalo Support in the UK (altough I think that the call was processed by a European call-centre).

The latest version that Buffalo supply is 12.0, they cannot offer an upgrade to this software, so the "free offer" from Novastor with the $30 "processing fee" is the only option available,

Unless anyone knows better of course!

regards

Dave