Author Topic: Yet another password lockout question Cloudstor  (Read 3838 times)

gunner258

• Calf
Yet another password lockout question Cloudstor
« on: April 29, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »

Hello, any help would really be great here. I must have had a power flicker here about a week ago. The cloudstor was the only device that became finicky over it. I also have an LS product with no problems. The cloudstor was in emmode, Which I ran the firmware update and now its running and shows up in the navigator. Pogoplug can log into it from web access, although no major changes can be made to it from the pogoplug side. Locally I cannot log into it. I have tried password, and anything else I think I would have used. I tried to reset it with the function button as described here. I cannot do a force firmware update now as it asks for a password now. Is there a way to get the cloudstor to go back into EM Mode to get to delete my user config? I have even tried to pull the plug on it a couple of times to try and duplicate whatever put it into emmode the first time. No Luck.

Any help or point me to a post?

Thanks in advance.

So the question is. How do I get back to default settings on the cloudstor... Factory reset? Holding down the function button while booting it. Then tapping the function button after the ten seconds. I get both funtion and pwr lights flashing. I wait till they steady. Still can't log into cloudstor locally. Password not accepted. Default or otherwise. Tried everything. What do I do? Pull drive?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Yet another password lockout question Cloudstor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

Email in to info@buffalotech.com and I will provide you with a solution to reset the device.

gunner258

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »

Have followed instructions. It does not seem to be going into factory reset. Lights are doing what they are supposed to during function reset. Just not resetting.

I cannot log in locally, "password" is not working. Or anything else I try.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

If the unit does not have a solid power light then that means that the device is not properly booting. What is the full model number? You may need to try the reset process and or FAQ 3 of 5.

Here is the reset process.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to on.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

gunner258

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »

Thanks for the help,

Buffalo caught me with the email, sent me a fix. All is good now.

Thank you for the advice.

alexwong

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
Hi gunner258. I have the same problem. Can you describe the fix Buffalo gave you? Or mail me with it?

Many Thanks

Alex

alexwong

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 01:13:28 AM »
Found the LSRecovery tool at http://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVnSU5KYUk4NVVLSk5Vag

by googling

buffalo lsrecovery

and finding the link at the end of the post.

Used the tool to reset the pwd to the default. Then got into the Web UI to reshare my shared folder on the NAS.

In summary:

1. Electrical power turning rapidly on an off caused my Buffalo cloudstor NAS (CS-WV2.0/1D) to go into Emergency Mode. Couldn't get to Web UI and couldn't access shares. But I could still ping the NAS and see it from NAS Navigator. I could tell it was in Emergency Mode because its name now contained the added letters "EM".

2. Factory reset procedure using function key had no effect.

3. I found the firmware at https://www.buffalotech.com/products/cloudstor-personal-cloud-storage and updated it. This got me back the NAS Web UI, but I still couldn't get in because my old password wouldn't work.

4. Found the LSRecovery tool at http://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVnSU5KYUk4NVVLSk5Vag and used the tool to reset the pwd to the default.

5. Still could not see my share. So went to the "Folders" section in the WebUI, found my folder, double clicked it to get to the folder's Properties page, confirmed that it was set to be shared to Everyone in Windows and Mac, and clicked Apply. I was immediately able to see my shared folder and files in the subfolders in the folder. The NAS started grinding away (probably explicitly resetting all the permissions). But I'm still able to see all my folders and files.

Hope this helps somebody.