Author Topic: Drive Station Combo 4 1 tb - MAC freeze  (Read 10005 times)

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: Drive Station Combo 4 1 tb - MAC freeze
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 04:29:33 PM »
   Sorry, forgot we were on DriveStation, instead of Tera/LinkStatiion and we don't have a similar utility for DriveStation. It appears we are on the original revision of firmware for DS Combo 4. Just send all the details you can and I'll keep on our engineers in Japan, daily, for updates.

fullerphoto

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »

Macbook Pro late 2009 revision

Snow Leopard 10.6.1

After a few minutes the 1TB Drive Station Combo4 sleeps and becomes unresponsive using firewire800.  I have tested the drive under USB and eSATA with no problems.

Currently avoiding this problem using Mosaic International's No Spin application which stops drives spinning down (certainly not an ideal situation)

Just let me know if there is anymore information you need. 

ccroo

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »

I use a new Mac Mini with snow leopard.

My Drive Station Combo 4 1 tb used to mount via firewire 800, but it would unmount when my mac went to sleep.  I switched to USB and got the same behavior. 

Now my mac does not recognize the drive at all.  It does not mount and it does not show up in Disk Utility.

Will you folks be writing a functioning driver for this unit?  Any idea when?

Thanks!

bob_beims

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »

I've been having this problem for quite some time, and have taken to leaving the drive unit off except when I really need to use the info on it. Which is a pain, I use one partition as the backup of my iMac's internal drive ... so I have to remember to turn it on before each regularly scheduled backup.

Here's the info from Apple's profiler:

Manufacturer:     BUFFALO INC.

Model:            0x0

GUID:             0x402603E00909A8

Maximum Speed:    Up to 800 Mb/sec

Connection Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec

Sub-units:

HDD Unit:

Unit Software Version:  0x10483

Unit Spec ID:           0x609E

Firmware Revision:      0x110

Product Revision Level: 1AA0

Does that help identify the product?

What are the plans for fixing this issue? Or is our only solution to return the units under warranty?

waxhawsam

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »

Any updates to this? I just purchased a 1TB Drivestation Combo 4 for my MAC specifically for the FW800 interface. Is there a fix or are we just working with Buffalo tech support to refund me the money I paid??

JerJax

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 08:14:07 PM »

My HD-HS1.0TQ worked fine with my MacBook Pro (OS 10.4.11) and FCP Studio since I purchased the drive in november.  Not heavy use at all.  Suddenly, in the middle of a Compressor run, I got a "device was imporperly removed" message in Finder and have not been able to get the Mac to see the drive since.  Tried the ohter connections and still couldn't see it.  My ancient PC (Windows 2000) sees it and reads all the data, no problem.  But a huge problem for me.  Called the "24/7" tech support line and listened to crap music for a half hour before giving up.  Ideas?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »

PM me with your phone number, name, and copy in your post and I'll set up a callback from a support tech to troubleshoot. I'm travelling today, so I may not be able to set it up until tomorrow. Let's get the issue fixed.

jdhelf

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »

I am having the exact same issue with a 3-month-old Drivestation Combo 4 using Firewire 800 purchased from Bestbuy. Please advise as to what action I should take. Thank you,

mpd

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »

Guess I'll chime in with the same issue.  Mac Mini, the drive goes comatose after a sleep, using a 400-to-800 cable (didn't have another 400-to-400 cable handy, figured same difference...ha).  Was even more annoying until I figured out what was going on, because I had a bunch of 400 devices daisy-chained through the DS Combo 4, and they would all fail when the DS Combo 4 did.

Since I'm not actually currently using the 800 speed, I guess I should just try to find a 400 cable...

MPD

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »

It sounds like the posts above have device failures or FW failure.  You need to escalate beyond the forums and contact your nearest Buffalotech support.

USA/Canada support is 1-866-752-6210