Author Topic: can't connect to share from anonyomus ftp loign  (Read 5992 times)

kuponklipper

• Calf
can't connect to share from anonyomus ftp loign
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
   I've set different shares up on my newly bought linkstation (firmware 2.10). It works fine both from my windows computers and via ftp and webaccess. Now I'm setting up a "public" share which I want to be accessible also from ftp via anonymous login. When I tag no access restrictions it works out fine, but when I'm setting up access restrictions group:guest & user:guest read access it won't work. When I log in via anonymous ftp, I can't see any directories on disk1 except mediaserver & mt-daapd.

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: can't connect to share from anonyomus ftp loign
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:27:11 AM »
The only way to make a share show up as visible when logging into the FTP server anonymously is to leave the Access Restrictions set to "Disabled."  Enabling them will make them invisible to users unless they log in with a username and password.

kuponklipper

• Calf
Re: can't connect to share from anonyomus ftp loign
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:28:02 PM »
   Thanks for the answer. Is there any plans that you will change this policy in a newer version of the firmware. I find it somewhere annoying that is's not possible to gain anonymous ftp access , as you would expect of any generally attached ftpserver on the (inter)net. But at least you have spared me for using anymore time in trying to solve the problem ;-)